AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1760 planter trouble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 3/5/2009 12:46 (#632628 - in reply to #632250)
Subject: Re: 1760 planter trouble

Leesburg, Ohio
No, I did not completely remove it. Did it a year ago, so kinda fuzzy now, but I think I removed two or three of the many hoses going to the valve so I could unbolt the valve from the hitch and turn it to a good angle to work on the handle and plungers. Mostof the hoses were still attached. You don't have to get into the valve, just remove the base of the handle where it rotates in the side of the valve block. there may be little ball bearings between the handle and plungers if I remember, so be careful not to lose them. They ride in eccentric grooves inside the handle base you will remove, and force the plungers in at different times, depending on the rotation of the handle.

I used a small punch and a lightweight hammer to barely tap on the plungers while having someone squirt penetrating oil at the same time. Took a few minutes, but they eventually started springing in and out a little more with each tap until they were free to move. Got lots of dirty penetrating oil running out with every squirt and tap.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)