AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Virtual tour and more pictures of 4440 with 47 hrs.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

77 Farmer
Posted 3/4/2009 08:54 (#631258 - in reply to #630390)
Subject: Re: Virtual tour and more pictures of 4440 with 47 hrs.

Southeastern, IL
One thing everybody will learn from this sale is if you are going to buy New tractors and are not going to use them store them in a Heated shed, I am satisfied from hearing some of you that the tractor does have 47 hrs on it. Personally i would not buy it if i was going to use it. It has not been used enough to get the condensation out of the motor and transmission. One thing you northern or southern guys might not think about is this tractor is in IL. In the winter it may be below freezing for several weeks then for a few days get up in the 60s. Think about the inside of the engine and transmission when the temp of the metal is really cold and the outside temperature is warm. Heck in our shed you will have puddles of water on the concrete under the equipment. Then heck in 3 weeks the weather might do it again. 2 years ago we bought a 48' 14 ring bin on winter special, our dealer knocked some off if we took delevery of it in Dec. At that time our heated shop was full and like a dump$%#@ i put it in the shed. Three weeks latter the above weather happened. I went to the shed and noticed water ponding on top of the sheets and under them. My wife and i ended up unstacking 140 sheets in the heated shop drying them reoiling them and then storing them in our shop. Thats why us and most of our neighbors will start our eq about once every month. If the guy would have put these tractors in a heated shed they would probably then look like new.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)