AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some more 510 question's....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

trakman
Posted 3/3/2009 08:09 (#629931)
Subject: Some more 510 question's....

Central Kansas
Going to go and look at used 510 disk ripper in west central Iowa in a couple of days. If it is acceptable, will drag it home slowly about 280 miles with a 3/4T pickup(will have extra tires, wheel bearings, jacks, blocks, tools,etc). What else would you bring along in case of a unforseen problem? Will be using a "Pintal Hitch" set up to the reciver hitch of the PU and of course a "saftey chain". Will be going up the route that we have mapped out to look for any problems that the road way might cause.

One of my concerns are the ripper shanks. I understand that ground clearence in transport is only 13in. at the points. Was told that the shanks are bolted on with 2 bolts at the pivot point. Do you think it would be wise to remove all of them(7) or at least the ones on the shoulder side of the machine? My fear is getting hung up on the shoulder OR getting caught on RR tracks IF we have any to cross on the way back.

Thanks for any input you can offer. I'm saving over $1k if I drag it home instead of the dealer bringing it to me. Only other option is tear it apart and load it on a goose neck trailer and would only do that as last resort.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)