AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New heart for my 900 Series 2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Versatile Farmer
Posted 3/4/2009 20:54 (#631893 - in reply to #631760)
Subject: Re: New heart for my 900 Series 2

Southeast North Dakota
Well, on the Turbo 903 it's pretty simple. The exhaust comes up the back side of the engine and connects to the turbo which sits directly on top of the engine. Then, the pipe goes straight out the side of the hood and curves forward to hook to the muffler. If you've got a non-turbo 903 in a Massey it should be fairly simple also. Your manifolds are turned backwards, and you should have piping that runs up the back of the engine and run into a collector up towards the top rear part of the engine. Then there should be a pipe that runs forward that hooks to the elbow that your muffler is attached to. I would eliminate everything AFTER the collector, and put on a curved pipe to get the system out the right side of the hood. That'll be the hardest part of the project. The last step would be to pick a muffler, mount it to the side of the front frame or hood, and get the piping needed to hook everything to the muffler. I'm not sure how a 4800 Massey is set up, but if it's anything like a 4840 it should be able to be modified this way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)