AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Richie Bros. Auctions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

canadianeh?
Posted 3/1/2009 23:39 (#628344 - in reply to #628317)
Subject: Re: Richie Bros. Auctions?

Saskatchewan, big whitetail country!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canadian ag gets basically zero govn't support. I watch our american friends talk of grip, insurance, ldp's, direct payments, and my mind spins so fast... LOL

Canadian ag is not revenue predictable. Some auctions will be retirements, but many, IE the ones with 2007-08 model equipment probably are not retirement sales. Our average farm size is probably double those in the south, not so much because of the need to be bigger, but because of the availability of land that comes from the canadian farmers being forced off the land in droves.

I just bought 640 acres, for 420 bucks an acre. Some of the best land in Saskatchewan. Risky as heck though, because we have way more weather risk, non-governmental aid risk, and higher costs of production than our american neighbors.

Your machinery, fertilizer, fuel, etc is WAY cheaper than ours, (often by half) while your commodities, Wheat, barley, etc are generally higher valued than ours. (thank you CWB!) Yet your land, (collateral) Is worth tons more than ours. I think this is why more Canadians go broke in a great farming year than americans. Not to mention SUBSIDIES once again...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)