AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Richie Bros. Auctions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmer 3
Posted 3/1/2009 23:18 (#628317 - in reply to #628291)
Subject: Re: Richie Bros. Auctions?

The U.S. / Canada difference also involves the freedom to market. In Canada we are forced to sell our wheat and malting barley to the Canadian Wheat Board. An institution set up by the government during the second world war. Some farmers here like it because they get what the neighbor gets and they don't have to worry about marketing. Last year when wheat hit 20 dollars a bushel in the U.S, farmers here got less than half that. The board was also caught on the wrong side in the Minneapolis grain exchange and lost over 200 million. They then have the gall to brag this year about last years great returns. No marketing freedom kills opportunity. It also kills creativity and drive. The great Canadian Wheat Board has not helped in the GREAT CANADIAN exodus of people leaving the rural areas. I will probably get flack for my thoughts. But if we live in a so called free society why am I FORCED to market with only one group? What did our forefathers fight to stop in WWII? The wheat board was a fascist ideology.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)