AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1992 Ford F350 farm truck opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

johns_79
Posted 2/27/2009 10:57 (#624910 - in reply to #624880)
Subject: Re: 1992 Ford F350 farm truck opinions

Windom, MN
Had a 1991 F-250 with the 351. To me, it was a terrible engine, not a lot of power and terrible fuel mileage. the neighbors 460 got just as good of mileage as our 351, and it pulled twice as much.

Otherwise that truck sounds a lot like our old one, and everything else on it was actually well put together. Sold it at the end of fall for a newer one. It was rarely in the shop, other than an exahust leak, recalls, ad the ignition went out once (couldn't shut the engine off). We also replaced the locking hubs once, but other than that for 17 years of service it was relatively trouble free.

Another tyhing we had was anti-freeze leaks. Talked to a friend and he said the heater core and hoses are notorious for going bad on those trucks when they sit, and if it has 98,000 miles it has sat some, so make sure there are no leaks under the truck. The person who bought our 1991 at the dealer called us and asked if we knew about the antifreeze leak when we sold it. I said yes, and we told the dealer, but the dealer failed to mention it to the new buyer.

As far as price, I beleive that is about what they are worth. It is a newer body style than the one we had, but I'm not sure if they changed much more than the dash and front end styling.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)