AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What photo sharing sites do you use?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 10/12/2006 07:48 (#50817 - in reply to #50786)
Subject: RE: OK Don

I use both at times.

Pix Resizer lets you resize images and also lets you convert between different file formats which is handy at times. It's also able to do a batch of photos all at once.

The Microsoft Power Toy for image resizing is nice too though because it adds the option to the right click menu when you right click on a picture in windows explorer.

It's down the page and is called Image Resizer at this link

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

It allows you to save different sizes and saves them to the same directory with a suffix added to the picture to identify it. This leaves your original picture unchanged.

I had some difficulty in getting it to download using XP originally. However after updating with service pack 2 it works fine. It's actually faster to use because it's a menu option instead of needing to open another program and then browsing to the folder to get the pictures. You can also hold the CTRL button down select multiple picture then right click and resize them all at once.

Here are a couple screen shots. The first shows where it adds the option to the right click menu and how it adds the suffix medium and creates a 2nd version of a picture. The second shows the following pop up box where you can select the image size. Medium usually works great with my own pictures 

Edited by Von WC Ohio 10/12/2006 07:53

(ScreenShot009.jpg)

(ScreenShot010.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ScreenShot009.jpg (41KB - 513 downloads)
Attachments ScreenShot010.jpg (31KB - 523 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)