AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer Tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Oliver1
Posted 10/4/2006 11:17 (#48664 - in reply to #48484)
Subject: RE: Sprayer Tractor

Alton, Ia
We did the exact thing, well almost except for tractor model. We bought a Demco boom with the suspension and not the three point stuff, and made a bracket to put it on the front weight shelf. If I did it again I wouldn't spend the money on the suspension package, we do not go fast enough and our ground is smooth enough, to make it pay. Set it on with skid loader, two bolts, one hose, one cable for sectional valves, and we are ready to go. We really like the visibility of having the boom up front. I had a neck injury years ago, I can not take the twisting and turning all day long very well. Right now we have a 3 point tank, I have an old saddle tank system that would fit, that would double my capacity, so I may mount both. I have 18.4's in 30' rows and most of the time it's okay, but on contours in taller crops it gets a little rough. We use a flex frame JD 1760 to plant and follow the planter center when spraying. Sometimes the center rows narrow up because the planter flexed, and then it get's tough. So I am looking for narrow tires, if I get them and they can handle the extra weight I'll add the tanks.

One downside with a front boom is the tractor does get doused with chemical, we are starting to see some corrosion and rust. A good 3 minute pressure washing each night helps. Buy an old tractor that needs a paint job anyway, if you want. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)