AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer Tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 10/3/2006 17:33 (#48484)
Subject: Sprayer Tractor

First has anyone seen this done I am on 20" rows and spraying is kinda a pain with big sprayers, cannot go up and down rows without running on row some of the time and going crossways is not the answer if you are wet because you have ruts every 90-100 feet from the sprayer so what I am thing if doing is taking a 74-7610 and put skinny tires on it and put a from mount boom and a tank on the 3 point I only spray 1200-1800 acres a year so would only put a 5-600 gallons tank along with a 80' boom I have a nice water trailer set up so filling would not be an issue, and before someone suggest it I don't want a trailer sprayer because they have trouble staying on rows when it is wet this whole setup would probably weigh 22-23K loaded where as a self propelled sprayer weighs 33-34K loaded and I would actually have more tire on the ground with this setup plus mechanical drive is a plus compared to hydro so does anyone have ideas about what kind a boom to put on front oh and yes this will be a dedicated sprayer tractor in spring & summer do not need it for anything else until fall TIA for any ideas you may have. Dennis SEND
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)