AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Harvest time injury
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

inotill
Posted 10/2/2006 09:19 (#48226 - in reply to #48223)
Subject: Re: Harvest time injury

Harlan, KY
Old Pokey - 10/2/2006 09:03

Excersize is very important. It is one of the best ways I know to help with safety as well as health. However, a gym is out for me. I know way too many people that have quit the gym after seeing how much more time they spent sick than before the gym. I setup my own system here in the house. The most important thing about excersize is staying interested in it. I tryed many, many different types and styles of equipment and systems, but found that, for me, the mountain bike is key to staying interested and also is non=impact on knees. So when the weather, or work load dont allow me to head for the hills, I have a "Giant" brand spinning cycle setup with a fan out front and a sony mini-disk on the handlebars. I also have found that doing sit ups and ab crunches have greatly reduced my back pains when sitting in some of the older tractors all day.

Sorry about your finger problem. About all I can say is those metal chinese therapy balls work great. I use them sometimes when I have trouble holding on to my drum sticks. The balls come in 3 sizes for different size hands.

I can attest to the sick thing, I've gotten more colds in there than ever before, I figure its still worth it though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)