AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pioneer and their lolinolenic bean program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BRF
Posted 10/29/2008 21:41 (#493689)
Subject: pioneer and their lolinolenic bean program

My local elevator approached me last fall about buying this seed and planting it, said their would be a fifty to sixty cent premium for the combined beans. I trusted the guys choice of varieties so I did it. The beans are cut and I was very happy with yield. I had some of the beans priced plus the premium money. Four semi loads were delivered so far. Today I inquired AGAIN why I didn't have the check that is two weeks late. They told me that I had to sign a contract for PIONEER saying I planted them, also stating how many units, how many acres, and which units/varieties on what acres. They said I won't get paid until this is done and processed. Being told this, I stated that the seed was bought a year ago and the price of the beans was locked in almost a year ago so why wasn't this "paperwork" done before this. ( I knew nothing about this so-called "contract" with pioneer until today. ) WHEN I ASKED THAT, I was told that pioneer only allots a certain number of acres for lolinolenic production a year and those acres were all used up for the year and pioneer only just opened up an allotment for more acres in October. (so thats why this paperwork wasn't done earlier, I was told) I THEN ASKED, why the h..ll they sold me the seed to grow the beans and told me about the premium if until recently there really wasn't a premium available. I never got an answer to that. I've explained this to you guys as clear as it was explained to me today and some of it is over my head. NONE of this was explained to me when the seed was bought, sounded like some easy extra money to me. Can anyone explain this better to me before I put my signature on something. Thanks for any information.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)