AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What options are a must on a Red Combine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

j.p
Posted 10/15/2008 00:14 (#482589 - in reply to #482111)
Subject: Re: What options are a must on a Red Combine?

NWIL
I've had quite a bit of experience with these Axial Flows, every option, etc etc. Of all the things that I really wish we had on our machine but don't, Field Tracker would be at the top of the list. Doesn't matter how flat your ground is, once you've run one and gone away from it you don't realize just how much it actually does.

Seeing as you are in MN a chopper would be a must. Rock trap is something that is a regional thing. That said, even though we don't have many rocks here, every machine that sees this place will have a rock trap from here on out. I personally hate retarder feeder drums with a passion with the way they screw up feeding off the header, others have other opinions.

AFX rotor is my favorite, followed by the specialty. In disagreement with Jalopy, while they work great in corn, you couldn't give me a standard rotor. Well, you could but I'd make it into a grill or something.

I would say go with a 2002 or newer. Each year gets more and more things changed that really added up over the years to be quite a bit. Things such as hydraulic reverser are a God send. The change to the plastic fuel tank got you more gallons and is less prone to developing leaks.

Edited by j.p 10/15/2008 00:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)