AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well Kip still has the lead! lol
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mlebrun
Posted 10/5/2008 23:08 (#475681 - in reply to #475627)
Subject: RE: how are the 1916-4?

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
This is my first year combining 15 inch rows as I used to have drilled. After about 40 acres I got it so I could go end to end and not get off a row. Makes for a better yield map if you keep everything as equal as possible. Problem I have now is a field with about 7 different replant areas I can't combine and had to go around. Sure makes a mess of the yield map with all the turning around, point rows ect...
I only sell 1916-4 in rock county (no cyst)and only heard one field yield of 55 BPA so far. Not sure of seed production on that one for next year. With all the Liberty beans,RR2, we have to cut back on varieties somewhere . 2062-4 and 1932-4 are really doing good so far in plots. They seemed to have more late plant health than other varieties and put on extra yield even though it turned dry in aug and then wet and cold in early sept. Where they were tough to combine the yield monitor showed the highest yield. I'll take the yield anyday. Yield is a reason why those 2 varieties are top sellers in SW MN. I planted all 2062-4's this year. Will plant RR2's next year for seed acres if they get approved.
I will email you. I would like to see your plot info. If i get your postal address I can send you my yield book and some yields from the DM in NW IA.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)