AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Email on cover Crops
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 10/19/2008 08:32 (#485718 - in reply to #485655)
Subject: RE: how deep are the radish roots? PIC

Thumb of Michigan
We flew radish into corn once or twice in late August. Didn't germinate till the next spring. Planted soys following spring. At the time, we were growing non GMO soys and had trouble killing it that year. Radish doesn't seem to like too much competition for sunlight early on. Definately similar to corn when seeded in late summer in that it doesn't like to be around anything else thats green. Once established it competes very well with almost anything. . We flew radish into soybeans (30" rows) in early Sept, just before leaf drop. Whole different deal. Achieved a pretty good stand. Problem is that its very sensitive to timing. Had enough growth that I thought we'd have a terrible time with harvest. Wasn't a problem, but did spook us a bit.

Last fall, my dad threw some clover and radish (seperatly) into some corn as well as soys. In the corn, the clover came very nice, radish didn't germinate well. Opposite in the soys. There could have been a couple of things going on, herbicide intolerance being one thing.

I'll try e-mail you some pics, Joel
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)