AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Something to ponder: Seed genetics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

dbltfarmer
Posted 9/30/2008 22:58 (#472563 - in reply to #472526)
Subject: Re: Something to ponder: Seed genetics

Texas
If you are a company such as Monsanto, why would you continue to spend money on an old technology when their is something better?? Why would you sell old technology to a small company when you are spending 2 million a day on research and development for new and better products and technology.

There are ag companies out their bigger than monsanto. How many of them are spending two million dollars a day in R&D? How many are offering replant programs, drought programs, yield programs or replacing chemicals because of problems you could have corrected??

I know Monsanto charges a lot for their technologies and chemicals. I know that I have to make decisions about how much I want to spend on those technologies. I also know that I probably would not be in the same position if it were not for Monsanto's technology.

How is Monsanto any different than Deer, Case, Dow, Dupont or even Walmart. These companies don't work for you, they work for their stockholders.

One final thought, if you don't like Monsanto then don't plant or use their products.

Edited by dbltfarmer 9/30/2008 23:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)