AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

planting rye w/fertilizer air truck-pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sakeller
Posted 9/30/2008 01:02 (#471982 - in reply to #471131)
Subject: Re: planting rye w/fertilizer air truck-pics

Camrose, Alberta
I ran floater trucks for a few years before I farmed. A lot of good points have been brought up. If memory serves me correctly the older floaters worked on 100% overlap between runs and new ones worked on 200% overlap. It looks like this was an older truck with just 100% overlap and what you see in the picture is a half rate in the "misses."

It is interesting that the thin strips (misses) are right on either side of the truck unit. So I would guess that the deflectors on either side of the truck have been bent, damaged or broke right off. Perhaps they have been bent from folding/unfloding the booms. I know you have to watch what your doing when yor folding up, sometimes the booms don't fold into the cradle nice and you can easily bend those defectors. Bent deflectors or even if the are rotated down at the wrong angle cause application problems.

It doesn't look like a blending problem or it would be in full 70 foot strips and in patches in the field.

It could be plugged runs, but unlikey to have two on a mirror image of eachother (either side of the truck unit). However, those two runs and the four right behind the truck are the hardest ones to see when your running the machine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)