AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Polaris reliability......has it improved?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John SD
Posted 9/19/2008 18:57 (#464634 - in reply to #464572)
Subject: Re: Polaris reliability......has it improved?

SC, I'm fortunate to have a dealer with the "Sarah Palin of atv parts" working in the parts dept. She knows her stuff when it comes to Polaris parts and has always had what I need in stock.

My Polaris 2-stroke has been ailing the past few months. I have no idea of the miles/hrs it has run because it doesn't have a speedo. I've put at least 10 gallons of 2 stroke oil through the machine in 8 yrs so it has covered a lot of ground no matter how how you look at it.

None of the new machines of any make appeal to me that much. Too much $$$ and most of them are so ugly to boot. I may end up overhauling this one yet. The old fashioned 2 stroke/chain drive Polaris machines have been good to me. IMO, they ride better and have better brakes than some competitors much newer designs. But they don't live forever.

To answer the original question, I wouldn't be afraid of owning a Polaris Ranger if I felt I had a need for one. For the money IMO it seems a used small 4x4 pickup would be a better buy. Around here an ATV is much more suited to livestock work than a UTV. My 2 cents and worth what you paid!

Edited by John SD 9/19/2008 19:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)