AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Setting a mojo to work in different machines?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 9/7/2008 21:36 (#454475 - in reply to #453993)
Subject: RE: Setting a mojo to work in different machines?

As you'll see in the manual, the antennas have to be at least a certain distance apart (I can't remember what the number is right now). Ours came with double sided tape to stick the antennas on top of the tractor. If you do this method, then you'll have to very carefully measure the location that you want for the antennas every time you switch them around.

In order to avoid this, we made a bracket for our antennas. This makes it so that no matter how often you switch it, the distance between the two antennas is something you won't have to worry about. We screw the bracket on to the top of each tractor that we want to use it.

The ability to switch the console itself between tractors quickly is a little more difficult. You have to pull the console out, put the radio back in its place, pull the radio out of the new tractor, and put the console in it's place on the new tractor. In one of our tractors, the radio slot is not really a good place to put the console so we made a bracket for it. I shouldn't say we, I made the bracket I'm embarrassed to say. It was an ugly welding job but it is solid and it does not block any of the ventillation holes. If Leica were to make such a bracket, I would have bought it in a heartbeat if it were under $150 just because of how difficult it is to create such a bracket. At first glance it wouldn't seem like a big deal. Probably $20 worth of steel and and hour of time. When you're actually working on it though, it's obviously important not to be sending electric current through the console with a welder so you can't really use the console as a pattern for what you're trying to do. Then you get your pattern made and you weld a little and the expansion and contraction from the heating and cooling of welding pulls stuff out of alignment a little...anyways, suffice it to say, I wish someone already made a bracket that wouldn't cover the ventillation holes, would be easy to mount to various places in the cab, and would be able to be rotated (at least tilted up and down) so that depending on where you used it in the cab, you could still easily see the screen.

Anyways, you may be more efficient with your welding skills than I (it wouldn't take much) and you may be able to quickly rig a sturdy bracket for each of your tractors. Then you wouldn't have to switch radios in and out. I would think it would make the process a lot faster. We never had the speakers hooked up this year (yes, we went without even a radio to listen to during planting) so I don't know if there are any disengagement warning tones that it has or anything like that if you have it plugged into speakers but if you were concerned about that you could get a small little speaker for those types of things.

I can't remember if you're running with an EZ-Steer in anything. If you are, and you haven't already done this, I would recommend getting rid of the cigarett lighter. It can cause disengagements when you go over bumps. Replacing it with some other type of connector that is more sturdy could save a lot of headaches.

Edited by dpilot83 9/7/2008 21:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)