AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgCam vs. CabCam...the real differences!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 8/18/2008 19:06 (#438067 - in reply to #437868)
Subject: RE: AgCam vs. CabCam...the real differences!

Chebanse, IL.....

NDfarmguy

Thanks for taking time for comparisons. I know it was some work to capture the video, freeze frames & download it here. Thanks for the work!

I spent quite a bit of time shopping between Ag & Cab Cam. I ended up getting a couple of the CabCam setups. I buy extra cameras, cables, etc from our dealer also. I'm very happy w/the value of the purchase. I don't think either one of them gives as good of a picture as any of my Sony video-cams, but it's a different ball game for sure. I really didn't have any trouble w/the cabling, not sure what you might be suggesting...or what I missed? We always put cab power ends (JD usually) on the power wires anyway. I mount the cameras on a 90# magnet usually anyway. I think they're $10. We mount the screen on RAM mounts....along w/everything else in the cabs.

I suspect the AgCam may be of better quality. I also suspect that a Mercedes Benz CL600 is a much better car than our '98 Buick LeSabre. I often felt that perhaps AgCam maybe had priced themselves a little too high. But then again, maybe in a few yrs I'll find out why!!

I did like the idea of buying multiple sets of CabCams for the same dollar as 1 AgCam. I'd be a buyer for your Cabcam setup also. You can email me via my profile in the upper LH corner here.

Will your wireless interfere w/gps signals? I believe that's been a concern unless AgCam is using a different frequency.

If you look closely, you'll see a CabCam camera mounted right behind the fork backplate on our loader. The red-colored flex shielding helps protect the camera wire. We watch the forks go right under pallets, irregardless of fork height.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Edited by Ron..NE ILL..10/48 8/19/2008 06:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)