AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

airports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/12/2016 14:25 (#5030804 - in reply to #5029955)
Subject: RE: airports

southern MN
In this world we live in, as new regulations are written, it does not come down to what is right and wrong.

As I've seen here on this forum, and as my friend who helps maintain an airport says, spray rig owners and pilots seem to have an attitude of owning all airspace from -1 foot up, and fly as low as possible even when not spraying, they just want to zip out and back for refills with as little altitude and time wasted as possible. Now if they need to share airspace with a new deal - drones - they might need to revisit the regulations and rules and common actions they have and start flying over 500 feet when not actually spraying a field.

Officials seem to want to hit the 'easy' button and just say no drones within 5 miles of any airport. But that seems senseless; not every grass landing strip needs a 5 mile circle? Some actual thought needs to go into this?

Companies interested in flying drones big scale for profit see they can increase their profits if they limit those who can fly; so those folk are going to push for extra licenses, extra restrictions on who can fly and where, and how much training and licensing is needed. They plan to cover many acres, or fly inspections on many buildings, and will just roll the extra govt fees into their price structure. They will use the govt to limit the competition they have.

All the while, the regulations and rule book and whispers are happening behind closed doors, you are kinda saying we common folk should shut up and just let it happen?

I disagree.

If that is an argument, so be it.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)