AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

airports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Old&Ugly
Posted 1/9/2016 08:20 (#5022762 - in reply to #5022629)
Subject: RE: airports

Lincoln, NE
Ron, I mention B4Ufly merely because its another tool. "Information-availability" needs to start someplace. Is it yet perfect - "NO". Nothing will be.

Right now - the drone era is far ahead of organized protocols and regulation. The FAA struggles.
Regardless, I think most people will agree it's incumbent upon all of us to focus on safety, first.

I come from both disciplines.
As a commercially rated pilot, with thousands of hours, the last thing I want to see when flying a real airplane - is a drone.
Conversely, as a drone pilot, the last thing I want to see, in my flight path, is a real airplane.

There are people driving cars who should not be driving. There are people flying drones who should not be flying drones.
I'm not saying you are one of them. But - you know exactly what I mean.

We all need to try to be part of the solution as this industry evolves.

I feel, in the near future (within a year), we will see FAA required certification programs for skill, proficiency, and safety pursuant to many drone uses.
Section 333 waivers will probably be replaced with certification programs much like obtaining a pilots licence but on a much cheaper, shorter, term scale. Maybe something like a 2-3 day certification class, with a written and practical "in-the-air" review. Maybe similar to an applicators certification.

Much of the no-fly-zone criteria will be based on Airport Class. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airspace_class_(United_States)
Class C airports and larger might be tough, stern areas of regulation.

We all have to work through this -

Edited by Old&Ugly 1/9/2016 08:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)