AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

YM2000 with ez 250 questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/16/2008 22:14 (#416704 - in reply to #416497)
Subject: RE: YM2000 with ez 250 questions

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree with Don's suggestions about setting up the EZ-250. The settings of 4800 8-N-1 with VTG and GGA messages ON is correct. Be sure to turn OFF the other messages as data overload will slow down the Yield Monitor and serves no useful purpose.

We make an adpater cable for this situation. One end has a five pin metri-pak shroud with male pins in it to mate with the combine harness. The connector is usually found outside the cab behind the door on the right side of the cab.

The other end has 9 pin which could attach to a generic GPS or your 250's GPS out connector. It also has a two pole weatherpak that COULD be used to power a GPS. Since the 250 is already getting its power and ground elsewhere, this connection would not be used. I envision that your cable from the 250 would need to exit the cab to mate with the adaper cable.

In the newest RED combines they decided to use the opposite sex five pin metri-pak connector. We make those also but they would not be appropriate for your combine.

Edited by tedbear 7/16/2008 22:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)