AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tracks on a regular 4wd, who makes these? (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Francksaskfarmer
Posted 7/3/2008 17:13 (#409208 - in reply to #409103)
Subject: Re: Tracks on a regular 4wd, who makes these? (pics)

Edgeley, Saskatchewan
I have an MT 865 pulling 88' drill. It is excellent except when it comes to turning in a tough spot. This characteristic is not enough to trade to quad track type but I like to consider all options.

There are a few things that make me uneasy as to the future of "CAT" on my farm.

I have been noticing a difference in the decaling of the tractors making less and less apparent CAT and more Apparent Agco witch is a concern to me.
You might say no big deal, well consider the next few points

-This spring my Cat dealer had a hard time getting some parts for my tractor even filters he told me that Agco had become in charge of the parts supply and it had gone from very reliable to less then acceptable.
-Even though my dealer's ag service manager has very good attitude it seems that the CAT dealer is putting inadequate resources into the Ag department and I could give you a few examples.
-Finning CAT was the Ag dealer in the neighbouring province of Alberta and they recently dropped the Ag side ( I am not 100% sure of that claim but close) to go to existing Agco dealers. With the above point I am suspecting my dealer might be doing the same in favour of the booming oil field business or at least to not expect any improvement in the near term.

-At the Regina SK farm progress show they seemed to really emphasize the wheel tractors over the tracks witch to me is ridiculous for tracks are far superior in my mind.

I do not farm for resale value but I am not about to keep a tractor that has the potential to be a boat anchor when I need to replace it. And when I own it I want to be certain to have a service department with the CAT service reputation not Agco and for the little bit of Agco experience I have there are reasons to be concerned.

If Agco does not focus on tracks you can be sure JD will also loose interest.

I am not here to start color wars but these are details to not overlook.
Go ahead fire away.

Francksaskfarmer
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)