AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

best way to straighten kinked 8" irrigation pipe?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 7/3/2008 15:41 (#409175 - in reply to #409065)
Subject: RE: best way to straighten kinked 8" irrigation pipe?

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
I don't think that your going to have much luck straightening that one out. After trying and trying I'm not much of a fan of cutting and welding either. Welding new ends or risers on is no problem, but trying to butt two pipes up and weld is not fun, and takes a long time to do it right.

Pipe press is the way to go. Seems we always have enough other misc pieces to make full lenth sections with only one pressed repair section sleeve. Even if you have to splice in a short piece and use two I'd still press it.

With that being a suction line I think it would be even worse. I've used large aluminum mainline (10 or 12") to build suctions before. Always have problems with something and have even had enough suction to collapse pipe before. Steel (galvanized if possible) is the way to go for me. I'm thinking those kinks are going to always be weak and cause those sorts of problems.

I've seen a pipe repair placed advertised in the Capital Press that can straighten out really bad handlines and such. Never seen it done but they use and inflatable hose to expand the pipe back out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)