AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pics of usbailing hay yesterday
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 6/25/2008 18:01 (#404385 - in reply to #404097)
Subject: Nice looking idea.

Little River, TX
That basket looks so nice it looks brand new.

I would think that system is easier on the hay than a kicker.

As you might suspect I must be done raking by 9 am to keep from loosing too many leaves. I should be able to start baling around 11 am and have to be done by about 1 pm to keep the leaves.
HayBaling Harvest Forecast For Texas
Forecast For Temple_Texas_Region

Thursday
Average Value 06/26/08
------------- --------
Lowest Relative Humidity % 44
Hour to stop raking 9AM
Hours for baling 11AM- 1PM

The 9 am time the humidity should be roughly 75% and the morning surface dew will be off.
The 11 am the humidity should be roughly 65% and the bale be in the 18% moisture range.
By 1 pm the humidity should be below 50% and leaves will be flying. Bales will be hopefully still 12% moisture.

There is a bale accumulator that works much like your machine. The baler pushes the hay up a chute and the bales separate into separate rows of bales. When full the bales are released and slide to the ground. Then you can come by with a grab and load out a wagon of truck. The same grab can be used at the barn or you can have a separate grab to stack in the barn.

In theory I can drop 360 bales an hour on the ground. Using a NH 1003 stackwagon, in theory, I can stack 166 bales and hour in the barn. Something to consider if you are going to end up doing all the work, with no help of assistance.

With the right equipment one man or a Mom & Pop operation can put a lot of acres of hay in the barn. As the joints stiffen the number of acres decreases.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)