AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto-Swath & boundaries w/Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

CornfedHusker
Posted 6/16/2008 23:48 (#399149 - in reply to #398347)
Subject: Re: Auto-Swath & boundaries w/Insight

Nebraska
Ron, What is your swath width set at vs. what you tell the insight to offset the boundary? In my case I set up my sprayer at 89.5 ft (slush room) yet if I tell the insight to offset the boundary 45 feet right, it'll leave an unseen 3" gap between covered area and the boundary line on the map. to fix this and also to aid laying boundarys in side by side i use a offset of 40 feet. my outside boom sections are 15ft. so the map actually shows 5 feet hanging over the boundary BUT I can leave the boom master on while turning over the road ditch and it'll never come on (so far).

The reason my boom comes on with a unseen 3" gap is like Ted stated I have my autoswath settings screwed way down so they'll turn on at 1% i want that boom to turn on right away and not leave 20% of my boom section untreated. I don't need that kinda advertising. I hardly have enough time to cover the acres we get on 2-3 spraying days a week that isn't muddy, I don't need to waste time "cleaning up". It needs to be dead the first time. LOL
Hope this helps
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)