AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto-Swath & boundaries w/Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 6/15/2008 20:54 (#398347)
Subject: Auto-Swath & boundaries w/Insight

Chebanse, IL.....

I'm not getting my auto-swath to react right in headlands. Dealer suggested I needed to make 1st pass around field as a "boundary" using MAKE BOUNDARY box from the MAP page on the Insight. I tried that today, but must still be doing something wrong. My sprayer boom will turn on when I let it swing out beyond the real field boundaries. Maybe it was my procedure in making that boundary?

I normally make 2 passes on ends (we call them headlands...but seems only AL & us call the endrows headlands). Should I make both passes in the MAKE BOUNDARY mode? Or just the outer-most one? One time a message came up & said there was already a boundary (I imported them a long time ago) & that it was going to turn my boundary into an INNER boundary. It didn't give me a choice & that didn't work either.

So-how would YOU successfully make a boundary so that the Auto-Swath does not turn on a single spray boom segment when it swings out beyond real field boundary? This could be over a road ditch, neighboring field, or filter strip. Again, I make 2 passes for my normal headlands.

Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)