AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Piecing together a guidance system
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Czar
Posted 5/27/2008 23:19 (#386032 - in reply to #385944)
Subject: Re: Piecing together a guidance system

KMK - As Torn stated you can complete your Magnum's system either with the CNH or Trimble Nav controller. I agree with you that if you have an autoguide ready tractor then why put an ez-steer into it. The "sticker shock" of the hydraulic based system hits because the Nav II controller is probably as or more expensive than the EZ-steer with controller. However, the hydraulic based system is superior. One other item to consider is that if you want to use your Pro 600 to multitask the "I think" you need an ISO 11783 connector (check with your dealer) as this will be another extra expense.

If it was my decision and I knew I wanted to use the accuguide ready then I would be choosing between:

A) EZ Guide 500+Trimble Nav II controller (least expensive option that still gives you full performance) - You might want a keypad to help nudge if you plan on planting with WAAS (or upgrade).
B) CNH Nav II + 252 receiver (will give cleanest installation and nicer touch screen to work with Pro 600) - It might cost you a little more.

Obviously, these are just my opinions as I recently went through a similar decision.

FYI - I know the EZ Guide 500's (WAAS) list for around $2995 and can be had less expensive, I am just curious if the prices you were quoted include installation, etc.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)