AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grease gun couplers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hay Hud Ohio
Posted 8/6/2006 10:25 (#33157 - in reply to #32886)
Subject: No bull

SW Ohio

Sorry Ray but it is true. the 2600 is actually an estimate based on the fact that they number their equipment which covers everthing from a Volvo bender to a sign board, I think the smaller stuff like quickie saws and jack hammers are not numbered so they still have a lot to keep up with. JRJ owns many many gravel pits etc. and some of the sister companies perform their own maintenance, also a lot of rental equipment, and most of the trucks are not done in house. I have no idea how many peices of major stuff they have but it is a lot, loaders, track hoes, grinder mills, rollers,pavers, off road dumps, TLBs, you name it. I think they have 25-30 mechanics full time in the shop and more on the road, It amazes me they can keep up with it all as they always seem a bit disorganized.
Back to greasing, I know they started getting grease in 55 gal drums because they go through so much, heck the waste tank on Mitchco's truck holds 400 gal and he sometimes empties it several times a day( all oils no antifreeze). He told me the grease tip quality has gone down, so they are trying different brands, but still puts new ones on daily or more. Wish he would jump in here so you could get it straight from him, but he is off to company picnic today and when he is here I keep him busy unloading hay.
Edit Just re-read you Ray and you need to fix that sticky button on your calculator, he doesn't service every piece of equipment every day AKA 30 seconds each, and i beleive I said ten to fifty pounds per day not 500.

http://www.jrjnet.com/

Edited by Hay Hud Ohio 8/6/2006 10:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)