AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Guide 500 inaccuracy problem and bug (firmware version 3.00)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bigg
Posted 4/1/2008 18:11 (#347465 - in reply to #347429)
Subject: Re: EZ-Guide 500 inaccuracy problem and bug (firmware version 3.00)

As far as I remember, info says that it uses EGNOS corrections, but I will try to find out exactly tomorrow.

I was looking for the solution on the Web, and when I found this I just screamed:
http://asqf-gnss.com/WebPortal/Egnos/Pages/Home.page

Look at the item entitled "Mode of signal transmission" - it says: TEST MODE (MT0/2). This means it is not as accurate as it should be for our applications. This mode can be used in applications that do not threat human life. This means EGNOS is inaccurate. How inaccurate I don't know (that's a good question, anybody?), but surely it is not an accuracy of 30 cm.
There are two EGNOS satellites, usually one of them is in full operational mode (not test mode). So you need to go to the EGNOS site, see which of them is operational and then set this one to receive your correction. Receiving from the other satellite when it is in test mode will just make the accuracy worse. Probably this is the reason, why I can't get ionosphere model - in test mode it is probably not sent or the data is inconsistent, so EZ-guide is very confused

Unbelievable.
I wonder if the same thing applies to WAAS? (or rather: to what extent does it apply?)
If anyone could check this out, then we would have a complete advice for users of both systems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)