AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agco 6000 stripper header
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

swne
Posted 3/26/2008 23:53 (#342773 - in reply to #342549)
Subject: Re: Agco 6000 stripper header

Cambridge, southwestern Nebraska
I have a Massey 6025. I looked at the header you bought. Looks just like mine. I've used mine for 2 years and consider it to be one of the must have pieces of equipment on my farm. You can harvest so much faster with less fuel and less machine wear except for the header drive belt. that belt is doing most of the work with a stripper.
They are incrediable in a patch of green wheat. You can go right through it and not realize what you cut until you look in the bin. I mistakenly cut about a semi load of 19% moisture wheat after dark last summer. Thrashes all the kernals off very easily. In dry wheat I have not seen a problem with in extra loss versus a reel and sickle. I've cut anywhere from 10 to 90 bushel wheat.
There are adapters for you combine.
I harvested last year along side a Shelbourne. Could not see any difference. I think I like the operation of mine just a little better. Wish AGCO made a little wider head, though.
You should be able to order a manual for your head through AGCO. You'll want one to know how to operate it. It is easy once you catch on...easier than a platform head to run.
Post again with any questions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)