AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bringing Machinery From Canada to US?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

agrtalker
Posted 3/26/2008 23:12 (#342716 - in reply to #342380)
Subject: Re: Bringing Machinery From Canada to US?

Yeah, like the dirt is never going to blow across the border when we get a 60 mph Alberta clipper. or the millions of geese that muddied their feet in my corn field are going to have their feet power washed before they cross the line. I don't see the need for all the border restrictions as long as the both countries have similar rules and precautions for screening possible terrorists coming from outside the two countries. In years past crossing the border was about as hassle free as crossing state lines. Now try satisfying the rules and expense of legally crossing the border in a light plane. Reminds me of the Berlin crossing during the Cold War. Give certain custom officials a little power and the gestapo instinct takes over. The folks in Montana, the Dakotas, and Minnesota are socially and culturally closer to the people in Alberta, SK, and Manitoba than they are to the folks in Louisiana, Mississippi, or Florida. A good share of them have relatives on both sides of the border. Both countries have resources that mutually raise the standard of living of both countries. Unnecessary restrictions hurt us all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)