AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Houghta3 - did you get the EZ-Boom Master to work?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/26/2008 07:53 (#342058)
Subject: Houghta3 - did you get the EZ-Boom Master to work?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I thought of your situation yesterday.

One of my coworkers installed an EZ-Boom in an older Hagie yesterday. He disconnected the built-in switches by disconnecting a 9 pin connector they had in the harness and then installed the EZ-Boom in place of the Raven 460.

Everything worked fine except that the foot master had no effect on the EZ-Boom. I was thinking that this was your exact problem.

I had him look at the Raven harness, Pins 10 & 14 were populated. When we opened the harness we found the usual Orange wire leading to Pin 14 and an Orange/White leading to Pin 10. However these wires were just loose in the harness and didn't go anywhere.

The solution was to hook the Orange/White wire (Pin #10) to the output side of the foot switch. Then run the EZ-Boom with its Master Switch always OFF. This way the operator can let autoswath shut the booms off as it sees fit but the operator still has the option of forcing the entire sprayer OFF with the foot switch.

So why did the foot switch work properly with the Raven 460? The foot switch output lead to the formerly used boom switches in the dash. The output from these switches lead to the Raven and to the boom valves.

Edited by tedbear 3/26/2008 07:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)