AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jeep liberty diesel milage?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmertull
Posted 3/25/2008 09:13 (#341364 - in reply to #341326)
Subject: you will be disappointed

South Dakota
I am a diesel lover and wait for the day america catches up to the wonderful world of the high tech diesels. The new VW tiguan will be coming out soon and the Jetta will be coming back with a 2 liter turbocharged intercooled engine that will also power the suv Tiguan. Mercedes is already selling a high tech v-6 diesel that takes out the particulates that make diesels the hate of environmentalists. The funny thing is most american cars are made in this country with a diesel counterpart. They ship them to Europe ,South America, Asia and Austrailia. When Jeep came out with its diesel Liberty they were still owned by Mercedes but somehow they got an Italian inefficent diesel engine. This suv hardly gets better then a diesel but you get the added benefit of paying 40 to 60 cents higher per gallon. I have wirtten my congressmen and asked to replace gas with the great high tech diesels but somehow people are not forgiving GM for their diesel engine which was a gas conversion and inploded across the the U. S. in the late 70's and 80's before we got the duramax and cummins in our pickups. America is still thinking of diesels as large displacement high horsepoer pickup engines. A low displacement intercooledwastgate diesel has moderate horseposer and monster torque and super mileage. The Liberty diesel is a failure at the diesel pumps. The reviews and 2 people I know who wasted their money on them say the same. Just do a Google search and find out for yourself. Check out tdiclub.com. This is a site of diesel fanatics and they center on volkswagon but talk of all diesels. It is a great site.
Farmertull
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)