AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shark tooth or shredder grates for CIH combines?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 3/23/2008 20:02 (#340276 - in reply to #340234)
Subject: Wow, thanks for the detailed education Steve.

That's great to hear. I like your observations of the straw. I'm looking to start some sort of residue (straw) management practice now, and see if I can make it pay off. In grass, I need to get the straw pieces off the crown if I can and settled between the rows. Several advantages to be had doing this. One is of course the P and K as well as many other nutrients kept for the plants use later. Another is the weed and sprout control. Yet another is the OM buildup for healthier soil. I think the benefits out weigh the problems. Problems like rodent control are costly and have to be done in a timely manner, and our governmental agencies are seeing fit to reduce our means for controlling the rodents, however, it just goes with the territory.

I really want a lexion R combine. It has all the features and designs to be a real seed machine IMO. But I just cant find a used one local, and I certainly cant justify a new one for the hours I'd put on it no matter what the residue benefits. So I want to see what I can accomplish with my IH.

Thanks again for your time relaying that information.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)