AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else feel they are behind schedule?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 3/15/2008 11:41 (#334461 - in reply to #334457)
Subject: Re: Anyone else feel they are behind schedule?

Aberdeen MS
Has to be fun working on the Blackberry.......LOL.

Actually "here", things are a bit ahead of normal due to the lack of snowfall. Only the snowbanks are left and snow in the ditches. Many years I have planted corn along the shelter belt beginning of May with snow still in the trees.

Frost is deep tho this year because of the lack of snow. An inch of precip is forecast for the beginning of the week. Sounds like a mix, I'd rather have in liquid than solid form at this time of the year tho. It's still going to run off regardless so not much benefit really, but's all in the course of "normal" spring here.

2 weeks can make a HUGE difference in these parts, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least that the first week in April small grain being put in the ground considering where we are at today. 6 days of 50 degrees and sun, one good "thunder boomer" after that, frost will disappear quickly. Once that happens, it will elbows and rears full steam ahead.

Less than 4 weeks away from first planting date for corn. Unless a lot of rain between now and then, I easily forsee planting to be done by the 10th of May.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)