AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I cheap ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mennoboy
Posted 3/14/2008 22:19 (#334183 - in reply to #334095)
Subject: Perspective

Rivers, MB
I'd agree with the thrifty comment. It's better than being cheap.
There sure seems to be lots of new stuff flying out of the dealer's lot. I imagine auctions up our way will go high as well, especially if it is nice stuff.
I think for alot of farmers including myself, we had been putting off some machinery and bin changes because there wasn't alot of spare cash flow to make some necessary changes. We have been keeping up with all land payments and buying land when it came available but it was always easy to put off the machinery changes. Now when there is some extra cash, everybody is making a few changes that may have been pending for a while. It has basically crammed numerous years of machinery upgrades into one year, therefore the supply and demand comment from above becomes true (both at auction and at the dealers). I'm thinking that besides any very pressing machinery changes that we have had to make, the rest of the list of updates will be put off for a few years. I'm expecting a downturn in grain markets in about 2 years from now. Then it will be a buyers market again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)