AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ez antenna info
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gravel08
Posted 3/6/2008 21:08 (#327580 - in reply to #327423)
Subject: Re: ez antenna info

USA
Thanks again for all the suggestions and comments and expecially the antenna voltage numbers and DB9 pin out information for the EZ+ from ALange.

I'll try to give back what we learn when we try a science project now and then. I've built a few GPS units from OEM boards and can handle making my own cable if I can get my hands on a EZ +. Too bad the RTCM correction doesn't appear to be an option with the EZ 250 or 500.

Not so sure that it worth all the trouble but we are fortunate to have a strong Coast Guard DGPS signal in this area. In previous tests the radio based DGPS provides better accuracy and consistency than WAAS because the satellite based correction signals sometimes get lost amongst the trees and obstructions that we also have in abundance. I'm hoping the EZ filtering functions will keep the GPS from going into a panic if it temporarily loses lock on the correction data or a satelite or two.

It's not a big deal but there are also subtle differences in the datum (the assumed starting point in the center of the earth) between CORS and WAAS based corrections ( ITRF 2000 vs. WGS 84). The result is that the reported stationary positions when using the two different correction signals should be expected to be little more than a foot different towards the NW in this part of the world.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)