AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Irrigation motor controls?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 3/4/2008 18:54 (#325766 - in reply to #325749)
Subject: RE: Irrigation motor controls?

Southeast Florida
Hey Rafe long time no see here. My problem is it takes too long to fill the drip lines and close the flush drains because they don't close until I've got 6 psi on the system at the end of the rows. Yes I do have pressure regulators in the field now but what’s happening is it makes mud holes waiting on them end drains to close. I'm looking for a digital throttle control that I can set maximum engine rpm's and maintain 30 psi with and low pressure incase something went FUBAR.

My idea is to fill up the system real quick then the engine would back down maintaining pressure.

The Netafim system doesn’t have 12 VDC options it takes 220 VAC to operate it and the injection pump is 220 VAC also. The current hookup is running off the generator that’s for one of them scurge of the Earth pivots! The engine has to run at set rpm’s right now without any variances to keep the generator running 480/277. They changed drive pulleys last year because @ 1,800 they built too much pressure, now when it changes zones it takes forever to fill the system up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)