AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Irrigation motor controls?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 3/4/2008 18:18 (#325734)
Subject: Irrigation motor controls?

Southeast Florida
Is there a company out there that has experience with throttle control? I have 605 V8 International Harvester natural gas motors without governors. What I’m trying to control is the switching of zones with my system to increase rpm’s while filling the lines and when the pressure starts coming up to set 30 psi the engine would reduce rpm’s. The problem with a regular type system is they’re designed for diesels or something with a governor that won’t over rev the engine or pump.

The next issue is I need a 30 amp inverter from 12 VDC to 220 VAC to run my Netafim computer system for auto flush of filter, fertilizer injection, line cleaner, and zone changes.

If I had diesel and was in either Florida or California this wouldn’t be a problem but I’m in NE Arkansas and I have no idea who to talk to. Murphy Control sell this stuff and Palmer-Johnson in Little Rock is the local dealer, I spoke with them and they think I’m looking for pressure gauges and there’s nobody that really knows what’s going on with this kind of stuff. Vegetable crops are kind of new for this area with this type of technology but surely there somebody out there that know engine controls.

PS I do have a call into Engines Inc.

Edited by Fla Veggie Farmer 3/4/2008 18:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)