AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Conklin Products
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

barnyard19
Posted 2/27/2008 17:33 (#321008 - in reply to #320687)
Subject: Re: Conklin Products

Saskatchewan
My personal thoughts on products like these(conklin ive never heard of but it sounds similar to alot of other companys) that use a low analysis, small amount of product have to be looked at as a starter fertilizer which I also question a bit, things like alpines product that calls for 3-4 gals of a 6-24-6, its main feature is the phos in in the ortho form so it will be plant available, even though the conversion of other phos products from the poly form to ortho doesnt really take that long, by the time a seed germinates and starts taking up nutrients this conversion will have already happened. Like what was mentioned earlier, when you only put on 3-4 gals/ac it amounts to peanuts in lbs/ac. and also the cost will generally be higher on these special products in comparison to the same analysis of a conventional fertilizer blend. Theses companys biggest marketing ploys involving twisting info to make it look appealing and hope you as the consumer doesnt figure this out, but thats just my opinion, I would suggest before you ever jump fully into anything test the product on your own land because all land will react differently
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)