AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First test of home brew rust buster.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 2/24/2008 12:55 (#318116 - in reply to #318066)
Subject: RE: Good info Jon

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Ed, I mixed the acetone / ATF in a gallon metal can then half filled a cheap (3 for $3.50 at TSC ) pump bottle. I set the plastic bottle in a drain pan overnight, the same as I did putting PB Blaster in a generic pumper, just on the chance the bottle would no longer exist come morning ;-). The bottles have not shown any bad effects so far.

Got a good story about those 3 cheap TSC pumper bottles.
I mixed the Acetone / ATF and half filled one of those cheap bottles. I tried the pump and found I could not even move the trigger.
My first thought was " yeah, you bought cheap China crap for a dollar each and none of them work". I removed the pump and was trying to free it up when I noticed this hard clear substance in the suction tube. It then dawned on me that, "might old Wong and company have actually gone as far as pre testing those pumps with water, so as not to sell me a bad one ?" Yep, I moved the pumps from a week of unheated storage, to the warm shop, and !/2 hour later they all worked as intended. pumped about 1/4 teaspoon of water out of each ;-)

Edited by Jon Hagen 2/24/2008 13:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)