AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soil Doctor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 2/24/2008 05:31 (#317871 - in reply to #316487)
Subject: RE: Soil Doctor? Remember the old discussions?

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

Talk about bringing back memories!  I suspect several involved in this thread remember the old discussions with the inventor many years ago.  I don't remember if they were all on the "old site" or this one, but they were very heated.

I had trouble comprehending how a disk blade running in the soil could test for nutrients, and asked a lot of questions.  as Don mentions, it was all a big secret, and the inventor would get very hostile if asked for more information.  It seemed to be a concept based on faith, you had to believe it would work, not shown it would work.

I love the concept, wanted to try it, but that kind of marketing made the whole thing seem like snake oil at the time.  The inventor even had disks mounted to the combine header, so one could get an idea of what nutrients were needed for next years crop, as well as determining the amount used by the crop being harvested when compared to last years reading and what was applied to that crop.

A wonderful idea, a great concept, and even more important at today's crop prices, if it worked.

I am glad to see several people responding to this thread telling about the value of the product.  I hadn't heard anything about it for some time, assumed it went the way of many other products that did not meet university testing procedures.

It would be a great asset to all farmers if we could be convinced it worked as advertised.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)