AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soil Doctor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

york
Posted 2/24/2008 03:17 (#317864 - in reply to #315786)
Subject: RE: Soil Doctor?

Berlin, Germany
I oen the only SD in Europe and have used it for a couple of years. Always the results where exceptional, at least 25% less N applied and at least same or better yield and quality. As side dressing isn't common at all and farmers not willing to change I have abandoned the project a couple of years ago.
A comment to researchers and lack of support. I have approached and been approached a number of times and never it went bejond talking. The point is that researchers where not willing to put into it the needed accuracy to reflect the capabilities. Just as a excample. Over here they do N-soil tests in Feb / March.. but side dressing will be late April. Now the researchers said that they will evaluate the accuracy of N measuring of the SD by comparing the measured N with the soli sample which was taken up to 2 month earlier. Furthermore that the locations where not going to be identical but they would calculate the spatial distribution .

Comment to John Colburns relation to research:
I always have got the full replies I needed and he rely didn't hide things. Now what good does it do to know the math? Besides that he spend much time in educating me how it works etc.. And the results proved the validity.
I have doupts that a major player will take up the idear. Who is interested in solving the N challenge with the result in oless N used and less deseases & weeds etc? Come on folks that is like GMO. Give me the prove that you folks earn more money and have better yields. Corn Boorer we have strong results that they are a nutritional challenge and can be lowered in numbers if nutrition is right. But who has got interest in this?
Have a good spring

York-Th.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)