AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pa Professional Crop Producers Conference
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 2/10/2008 20:55 (#306542 - in reply to #306507)
Subject: I do not doubt you all.

Little River, TX
Still I am not contrite about my thinking.

I assumed the young lady was putting forth the Global Warming Rhetoric to be in compliance with the politically correct dogma of the Agricultural Department.

Unfortunately I did not or could not talk to her aside to determine from where the rhetoric originated.

I had a minor confrontation with one of the Tenured Penn State people that discourage me greatly. An individual whom I have had the highest confidence. This does not mean I can not or will not work with him again, or be civil. It does mean I will withhold acceptance of his information till it is corroborated by other sources.

I have the same problem with the Soils Department at TAMU. For years they insisted our soils were high to very high in phosphate. Be that as it may our crops showed a positive response to phosphate fertilizer. It is not much different with their information about potassium levels in our clay soils. This has gone on long enough that if they said the sun would rise in the east, the next morning I would shade my eyes if facing west. The TAMU soil people have zero credibility, when it comes to our Central Texas Blackland Clay Calcareous Soils.

It appears political correctness is alive and well at TAMU. That is a given for Texas University, but it is also true at our Cow College.

Somehow I had assumed our nations Cow Colleges were immune to PC. Not only that but it has infiltrated the Agricultural Departments. I am greatly saddened.

Granted each institution has numerous individuals with the greatest integrity. The problem is you must know each individual, and can not assume trust worthy ness. I expect this could be considered profiling, another PC sin.

If I have offended any working farmers, I am sorry. Apologize, for the truth? No.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)