AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shop Work Benches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 2/8/2008 22:16 (#305005 - in reply to #304953)
Subject: RE: Work in progress (pics)

central - east central Minnesota -

Jog is there cause that bench is 46 in wide (5 - 2x10's) as that is what the owner thougth he wanted. I had it layed out for him to see how wide it was, and that's what he insisted on.  After I built it and he saw how wide it was, then decided they could be narrowed  down to 4 - 2x10's (37"wide), much better. This building has the slanting or sloping side walls, so they don't seem so deep when the wall is coming in to you - as you're standing at the bench.

The big bench has enough room for 5 gal buckets to fit under the shelf, on the floor. The narrower benches were a change in design from the big bench (kind of a build / design project). The 2x4 frame adds a great deal of strenth to the bench compared to the big bench, but looses some of the floor storage height. After thorough discussion, this is what he wanted, that is what I built. I'll have some finished pic's tomorrow.

It was challenging, for me anyway, to keep things streight, square and level. The foam on the walls varied greatly over the 50ft, weaving in and out. The concrete was off over 1/2 in (high and low spots) along the wall, and that darn slanting side wall.  

Edited by iseedit 2/8/2008 22:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)