AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to me Spray Coupe is Here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BHTN
Posted 2/7/2008 17:15 (#303826 - in reply to #303772)
Subject: Here's what little I can offer

West Tennessee
The Peugeot engine is hard starting because it's low compression (I'm told because of high revs). There's no known cure that I'm aware of. We even tried putting an electric fuel pump in line and it didn't help a bit. It does have glow plugs so you need to be sure that they're working properly. I'd personally recommend that you not use the either on that little motor. Ours always cranks but you have to crank her over for a minute or so sometimes (maybe more in two cycles). BTW it helps a LOT once you're sure the glow plugs are working (and you have the light working so you'll know) to let them cycle about 4 or 5 times (key on and off) before starting especially the first cranking of the morning.

Can't help you on the engine still running. Shutoff solenoid? Never had a problem with that. No spare owners manual that I'm aware of either.

All I can offer on the gauges is that the tach works off the alternator. We replaced ours with one off of a cadillac and it's never worked right since (too cheap to pay Agco's price). Someone else smarter than me can tell you why, but the motor has to be revved up to kick the gauges (tach for sure) in. Have you done that (revved it up pretty good)?

If you don't know when the belt & harmonic balancer were changed I'd recommend that you get that done so you'll know they're ok. No way to inspect that I'm aware of. Check for cracks on the motor mounts and broken bolts. Make sure ALL bolts are tight on the front end and that the grease fitting hidden in the front pivot get's greased. Chck the rear frame area for rust. Good luck and post some pictures will ya?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)