AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

stroke/bale counter for square balers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Freeman fan
Posted 11/3/2013 22:11 (#3422579 - in reply to #93587)
Subject: Re: stroke/bale counter for square balers

wasco, ca
I recently received one from Freeman, haven't installed it yet. I believe you can go to their website and find it. They are under the Allied Systems family of products. We got this one as a demo from engineering to try out, but they are selling them, I believe 600.00 -700 a little pricey if you ask me. I made my own and I think it works great. I used a 12 volt proximity sensor that passes 12 volts through the sensor when metal passes by it. I mounted this switch under the knotter trip. We pull our balers with trucks so with the windows up you can't hear the needles trip. I ran a cord to the cab where it operates a small red light. Count the strokes after the light. When the light comes on again stop and that's your number. I also piggy-backed the red light with a digital 12 volt counter so we can count the bales and clear the counter from the truck seat. I got the proximity sensor from Freeman. It's something they currently use on the 380 which comes stock with digital counter/stroke counter. I think it was 70.00. I hope this helps
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)