AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tysons Lay Off 1500 At Emporia,KS Beef Slaughter Plant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

harrmw
Posted 1/27/2008 21:54 (#294747 - in reply to #294038)
Subject: Re: Tysons Lay Off 1500 At Emporia,KS Beef Slaughter Plant

I always have to giggle just a little when people say the climate is better suited for feeding cattle out here (50+ mph wind predicted on monday) but somthing must be right. I guess the "mild" winters (with last year being an exception), must be the main part of it.

I would like to count the amount of "cow trucks" that come through each day and now with the dairy industry building it is amazing with the amount of produce that leaves the area on a daily basis. I really look for a milk processing plant to be built closer within several years.

Most of the time we have a positive basis on corn as not much leaves the area (what is grown here stays here) so with that in mind keep the calfs coming we will find a spot for them if we can stand the smell!

O.T. but Plowboy have you heard any more about the KCC enforcing the intrastate commerce regulations. I see they are holdings some public meetings out here on farm tags and what they will be looking for. The closest one I have seen is in Scott City about an hour and 15 min away.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)